Summer Vacation Programs Councelor
April 6th, 2018 by kevin
CRG Watertown is looking for hard-working and energetic individuals to join our team as a Summer Vacation Program counselors! We are hiring at both the junior and senior level counselor positions.
See below for job qualifications, requirements, and responsibilities.
- Good health and physical stamina.
- Previous experience working with kids in a camp or school setting.
- A strong desire to work with kids between the ages of 6 and 13.
- Friendly and outgoing personality.
- Must be mature, responsible, dependable, and punctual/prepared for work.
- Ability to easily engage with children and adults with minimal direction.
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor in stressful and/or emergency situations.
- Ability to take direction from the Camp Director and work well as part of a team of staff.
- Ability/willingness to take initiative and make decisions based on individual and group needs
- CPR/First Aid Certified OR willing to become certified before the summer begins.
- The desire and ability to motivate and excite climbers in order to have a great time.
- Good visual communication skills to interpret body movement.
- Must be 16 or older
- Belay kids
- Help kids improve climbing technique
- Encourage kids to challenge themselves
- Lead various activities related and not related to rock climbing (such as games and craft activities)
- Help create lessons and challenges for each week
- Help set up and break down the activities for each day
- Provide a safe and fun environment while helping carry out activities
- Participate in activities
Summer Program positions may vary between 15-35 hours per week. Availability for the program would be most Mondays through Fridays 8:30am-2:30pm from June 24th through August 30th 2019. Opportunity for additional hours if interested.
If interested please email Sofia Maluf at firstname.lastname@example.org
- An up-to-date resume with relevant experience.
- Cover letter outlining why you are interested in the position, what makes you a good fit for the job, and how you meet the needs and expectations of the position.
- Available days and times you are available for an interview. On-site interviews are preferred but initial conversations can happen via phone if necessary.
Once received, we will follow up with qualified candidates to set up a time to interview for the position.
We look forward to hearing from you and to making you a part of our team!