Youth Programs Supervisor
January 16th, 2019 by kevin
Central Rock Gym Watertown is hiring! We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to assist in managing the youth groups, climbing teams, and camps run through our facility on a full time basis. Applicants, if hired, would work directly under the Climbing Team Head Coaches, Events Coordinator, and Youth Programs Coordinator to assist in the running and supervision of a number of different programs.
- Assist with running our Non-Competitive climbing teams, ages 6-13.
- Assist with running our competitive climbing teams, ages, 8-18.
- Assist with running our College climbing teams, ages 18-22.
- Work Summer Vacation Camp from late June to the end of August.
- Potentially work desk shifts as demands of the team shift during different times of year.
All of these roles will require the ability to analyze our current curriculums created by the senior staff and provide insightful and constructive feedback as the curriculum is implemented to ensure it meets the needs of the program in an ongoing basis.
- Maintaining active contact with parents and team members through the use of newsletters and regular parent meetings.
- Maintaining an active and visible coaching presence in the gym by climbing regularly with members, coaching youth programs, and occasionally leading adult clinics.
- Successfully promoting coaching opportunities to visitors and selling our training programs.
- Being a constant resource for staff learning by coaching staff on climbing movement and skill development on a regular basis.
- Follow sexual harassment and youth protection standards on these trips.
- Focus on skill development.
- Attend all competitions attended by any team or club member.
- Staying up to date with modern training ideas and tools.
- Being an active and vocal member of the management of our facility.
- 40-45 hour work week including the ability to work (1) weekend day per week.
- Excellent lead and top-rope belay skills.
- Excellent communication skills with co-workers, team participants, parents, and climbers in the community.
- Physical strength and manual dexterity required.
- Experience coaching climbing teams.
- Experience running or assisting with youth programs.
- CPR/First Aid/AED certified.
- Registered coach with USA Climbing.
- SafeSport coaching certification.
- Salaried positions include 2 weeks of paid and 2 weeks of un-paid time off.
- Salaried positions include Health Insurance plans, half of which is covered by Central Rock Gym.
- 401(k) matching program for anyone with at least 12 months of full time employment with CRG. This includes up to a 3% match by CRG.
- A network of 5 gyms in the Boston area for you to enjoy climbing and tapping into a great wealth of climbing knowledge.
Pay is DOE and you will receive a free gym membership and great industry deals.
Please send your resume and professional references to the General Manager, Kevin Pickren, at email@example.com along with a list of days and times of availability for an interview at the Watertown location.