Competitive Coach (Part-Time)
December 10th, 2021 by peacher
Established in 2009, Central Rock Gym provides access to world class indoor rock climbing and fitness facilities throughout the Northeast. Our expansive climbing walls, cutting edge fitness equipment, fitness/yoga classes and various youth programs, help build strong communities by creating an atmosphere within our gyms that is welcoming and accessible to all regardless of experience or background. With 15 current locations, we continue to grow and identify communities that could benefit from the social and physical aspects of climbing – the sport we love!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to join our Randolph team as a Competitive Coach!
Summary: As a Coach, you will foster a fun and welcoming environment for youth athletes of all ages by introducing fundamentals of climbing, building a strong base, continuing to develop skills, creating a solid curriculum and ensuring a highly-engaged CRG youth community experience; will reinforce the competitive team pillars of community, grit, and growth for our youth program; and maintain excitement for climbing, investment in the progress of athletes, and determined to constantly improve the environment.
- Previous experience working with youth climbers
- Strong in-person and remote communication skills
- Minimum 4 years of climbing experience
- Weekday afternoon availability and willingness to work weekends to support athletes in competitions and training camps
- Proficiency in lead climbing and belaying
- Careful attention to detail, ability to analyze movement and provide insightful feedback
- Ability to support teenage athletes in an often stressful training environment
- Knowledge of USA Climbing competition formats, rules, and strategies
- Passionate climber with competition experience
- A desire to be with our program long-term
- Strong desire to develop professionally as a coach
- Regularly leading practices with confidence
- Completion of SafeSport training for youth coaches
- Strict adherence to our coaches’ code of conduct
- Creating and following carefully structured training programs
- Consistent communication with coaching staff regarding scheduling, practice, and athlete progress
- Other duties as required
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion.
Salary & Benefits: We offer a competitive pay based on experience plus great benefits including free gym membership and industry pro deals.
To Apply: Submit your resume, references and list of days/times available for an interview to Kevin Ross at email@example.com