Climbing Team Assistant Coach
January 22nd, 2019 by kevin
Central Rock Gym’s youth climbing teams are rapidly growing and we are looking for individuals who are psyched to share their climbing knowledge with the young up-and-comers of the sport. We are looking for coaches to work with two different groups:
(1) Our non-competitive teams include our youngest team members, ages 6 to 12. Our climbers’ experience level ranges from the novice to USAC Divisional level skill sets, with a training program implemented to help eventually propel these kids into our competitive climbing teams.
(2) Our competitive climbing teams include kids with a desire and the skill set to make it to the Divisional and National level USAC climbing competitions. Coaches will need to have the ability to follow a very structured training plan to help prepare our athletes for the highest level of competitive youth climbing.
- Previous coaching experience on some form of youth athletic team.
- Minimum of 2 years of climbing experience.
- Competency at the 5.10 rope climbing level, v4 bouldering, and lead climbing.
- Ability to communicate and support young kids in a sometimes stressful training environment.
- Ability to follow a structured training regime and provide insight and feedback to improve on our training methods.
- Ability to work weekday afternoons and/or evenings and weekends depending on specific team needs.
Pay is DOE and you will receive a free gym membership and great industry deals.
Please send your resume and professional references to the General Manager, Kevin Pickren, at firstname.lastname@example.org along with a list of days and times of availability for an interview at the Watertown location.