Members are the true story of CRG
February 11th, 2018 by kevin
There has never been a more exciting time to be a part of Central Rock Gym. The community of CRG is what drives us and motivates us. We strive every day to create a rich and vibrant community that gets people excited to climb, excited to come back, and excited to share their experiences with others. The additions we make to our existing gyms and growth we are pushing into new markets is all motivated by adding as much value and benefit to our members as possible, and share that community with new cities. We are highlighting our members’ stories on a weekly basis in our new profile series, aimed at explaining why we do what we do. These are the conversations we have with members every day and wanted to share them with you. If you haven’t seen them yet, here are a few of our favorites.
Tristan Campell – Central Rock Gym Watertown, Boston MA
Ed Daniels – Central Rock Gym Hadley, Western MA
Mia Bawendi – Team CRG Watertown, Boston MA
Want to keep up with all the great things going on in our community. Keep an eye on your local gyms Facebook page and our YouTube channel where we post all our profile videos and tour videos.
Central Rock Gym ended 2017 with lots of “projects” being finished and lots of new announcements!
- CRG Watertown finished a fitness room and bathroom upgrade with 1000 sq. ft. more fitness and new saunas. This upgrade also included all new treadmills and bikes in the cardio area.
- CRG Cambridge added a huge 45 degree session wall, and members are loving the extra sq. ft. of climbing terrain. Don’t forget the upgraded tile and new Tension training board.
- On December 8th, CRG Hadley opened a 12,000 sq. ft. expansion with a 2,200 sq. ft. fitness room including all new Rogue and weight equipment, a 1000 sq. ft yoga and class room, and almost 10,000 sq. ft. of bouldering and rope climbing in the main areas. This was a huge upgrade for the climbing community of Western MA.
- On December 23rd CRG Syracuse opened to the public in the historic district of Franklin Sq. downtown Syracuse. This 16,000 sq. ft facility is the largest facility in upstate NY and has walls up to 43 ft. tall.
- We recently announced our second gym in the upstate area in Rochester, NY. This 20,000 sq. ft. facility adds to the Syracuse location for members to have a whole new playground at their fingertips. It joins two climbing communities across these two world class facilities.
- On January 20th we opened another location in NE in the growing City of Framingham, MA. This location adds a whole new 300 linear feet of bouldering for the greater Worcester, Boston area to explore.
- In April 2018, we are opening a location in the heart of NYC, near Columbus Circle. This bouldering and rope climbing facility will be an exciting part of the CRG membership when members visit the Big City!
- This coming fall we are also opening a location in Stoneham, MA, adding a 5th Boston area gym to the membership and community of CRG gyms.