This beginner top rope belay class will teach you how to properly rope climb in our facility. For those who have never belayed before, and who do not remember how to properly belay, or how to tie in, this class will teach you the basics so you can enjoy rope climbing in our gym(s). Without this class, participants will be limited to using the auto belays.
If you already know how to belay, you don’t need to take this class, instead you will need to demonstrate your skills to a staff member by taking the top rope belay test.
Note: It is highly recommended to take this class with a partner if you are new to climbing and do not yet have climbing partners. Top rope belaying requires a minimum of two people, one to climb up the wall, and one to belay from the ground. If you are coming on your own for the class, climbing afterward will require finding someone at the gym to climb with.
- This class typically takes an hour and a half and teaches knots, the belay process, and correct procedures at the gym.
- The class will start promptly at the specified time and will be capped at 6 people.
- Please show up 15 minutes early to fill out so we can get you set up with equipment. We do not allow late arrivals.
- Must be age 13+ to take the class.
- Once you’ve completed the class, you will be able to climb on your own for the remainder of the time our facility is open that day.
- You must pre-register to guarantee a spot. See the schedule below to book your spot!
- There are no refunds for no-shows.
- Members must contact us as soon as possible if they will not be able to attend the registered class to free up space for others.
- $50 for each non-member
- FREE for members
- Non-members utilizing a member’s guest pass can take this class for free if it’s their first visit to a Central Rock Gym.